- Become a new member
- Renew your membership (current members)
- Update your information (current members)
Please note that our membership service is via 123signup.com; by clicking above you will be directed to their site to complete your registration.
- Search the membership directory (by name, research interests, location, etc). This function is only available to current IARR members; you will be prompted to login prior to performing your search.
IARR Membership Categories and Fees (effective January 1, 2016)
1. Membership Categories
Regular member, 1 year
Student/reduced fee member, 1 year
Regular member, 2 years (includes a 5% discount per year)
Student/reduced fee member, 2 years (includes a 5% discount per year)
(Note: Joint spouses/partners fall under the reduced fee category for each spouse/partner).
2. Membership Fees
Regular member = $66.00 for 1 year (with digital access to both JSPR and PR)
Optional regular member (Print-on-demand): Additional cost to receive print copies of both journals: $80.00
Regular member = $125.00 for 2 years (with digital access to JSPR and PR)
Student/reduced fee member = $48.00 for 1 year (with digital access to both journals)
Optional student/reduced fee member (Print-on-demand): Additional cost to receive print copies of both journals: $60.00
Student/reduced fee member = $90.00 for 2 years (with digital access to JSPR and PR)
All members receive two annual newsletters, IARR announcements, discounts on conference registration fees, access to the membership directory, and publisher discounts.
Regular Members and Student/Reduced Fee Members also receive access to JSPR and PR (either the online option or the "full paper" option).
Student/reduced fee members include:
(1) current students in a field related to the study of personal relationships. Upon completion of a graduate degree in a field that involves the study of personal relationships, student members automatically become eligible for regular membership.
2) those currently employed as a faculty member in a field related to the study of personal relationships or who work in a professional practice related to personal relationships and who reside in a country designated by the World Bank as anything other than a high-income economy (country income status can be checked here).
(3) those formerly employed as a faculty member in a field related to the study of personal relationships, including retired and emeritus faculty, or who worked in professional practice related to personal relationships.
Reduced fee members must provide proof of their relevant status within seven (7) days of web sign-up. For students, a brief email from a faculty member to IARR Treasurer (Leah Bryant at LBRYANT2@depaul.edu) will serve as proof.
Membership runs from January 1 to December 31. Payment of dues is requested prior to January 1 of each year. Payment of dues is requested prior to January 1 of each year (current members will receive an email reminding them to pay their dues in the fall of each year). Those who join between January 1 and September 30 of a given year will receive access to that year's back issues of the journals (Personal Relationships and the Journal of Social and Personal Relationships) and the newsletters. Those who join after September 30 of a given year will be registered as members for the following year and will begin receiving all member benefits in that following year.