- Become a new member
- Renew your membership (current members)
- Update your information (current members)
Please note that our membership service is via 123signup.com; by clicking above you will be directed to their site to complete your registration.
- Search the membership directory (by name, research interests, location, etc). This function is only available to current IARR members; you will be prompted to login prior to performing your search.
Membership Types and Annual Dues
- Regular Member: $90 (full paper) / $50 (reduced paper)
- Reduced Fee Member: $58 (full paper) / $38 (reduced paper)
- Associate Member: $30
- Domestic Partner Member: $30
Please note that members have the option of purchasing 2-year or 3-year memberships at a discount of 10% per year.
All members receive two annual newsletters, IARR announcements, discounts on conference registration fees, access to a membership directory, and publisher discounts.
Regular Members and Reduced Fee Members also receive both print and on-line subscriptions to JSPR and PR ("full paper" option) or online only subscription to JSPR and both print and online subscription to PR ("reduced paper").
Associate Members receive all of the regular membership rewards, except the journals.
Domestic Partner Members receive all of the regular membership rewards except the journals. Note that this type of membership is only available to those whose partner is also a member (regular or student).
Reduced fee members include...
(1) current students in a field that is related to the study of personal relationships. Upon completion of a graduate degree in a field that involves the study of personal relationships, student members automatically become eligible for regular membership.
2) those currently employed as a faculty member in a field related to the study of personal relationships or who work in a professional practice related to personal relationships and who reside in a country designated by the World Bank as anything other than a high-income economy (country income status can be checked here).
(3) those formerly employed as a faculty member in a field related to the study of personal relationships, including retired and emeritus faculty, or who worked in professional practice related to personal relationships.
Reduced fee members must provide proof of their relevant status within seven (7) days of web sign-up. For students, a brief email from a faculty member to IARR Secretary-Treasurer Leah Bryant (IARRST@depaul.edu) will serve as proof.
IARR is also offering professors an opportunity to purchase "gift memberships" for their students at a 10% discount ($52.20 per year for full-paper reduced fee membership; $34.20 per year for reduced-paper reduced fee membership). If you would like to do this for your students, please send (a) a note indicating your wish to do this, (b) the student's name, mailing address, and email address, and (c) a check for the appropriate payment, to the secretary/treasurer at the following address. Please be sure to include all information requested above. Also, please note that gift memberships must be paid via check (credit card payments cannot be used for gifts; contact IARR Secretary-Treasurer Leah Bryant (IARRST@depaul.edu) for more information about gift memberships).
Membership runs from January 1 to December 31. Payment of dues is requested prior to January 1 of each year. Payment of dues is requested prior to January 1 of each year (current members will receive an email reminding them to pay their dues in the fall of each year). Those who join between January 1 and September 30 of a given year will receive that year's back issues of the journals (Personal Relationships and the Journal of Social and Personal Relationships) and the newsletters. Those who join after September 30 of a given year will be registered as members for the following year and will begin receiving all member benefits in that following year.